We are pleased to offer chiropractic services to our clients by partnering with Dr. Bruce Indek.
Call 508-821-7587 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
How Does Dog Chiropractic Work?
Dog chiropractic is a holistic, all natural approach to treating a number of joint, muscular and skeletal problems that are common in some dogs and certain breeds. The principles and practices behind veterinary chiropractic are nearly identical to those used with humans.
The most common way both human and animal chiropractors treat subluxations (misalignment of the vertebrae) and other problems is through chiropractic adjustment, which involves low force manual manipulation of the spinal column, joints or other affected areas. These adjustments help improve mobility and function and alleviate physical stress, strain and pain by removing the source of the symptom and letting the body heal itself.
If you and your vet have ruled out other options for relief and treatment, dog chiropractic is a good alternative – all without the use of medication or surgery.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms?
If you notice any of these signs in your pup, it could mean that he suffers from a condition that chiropractic treatment could help. Of course, you should consult with your vet first and foremost if you’re concerned about any of your dog’s symptoms.
- Having trouble climbing stairs
- Walking with a limp or dragging his back legs
- Weak front legs with no specific site of pain
- Trouble standing or lying down
- Reluctancy to move or decreased mobility
- Inability to jump
- Sitting or standing in an abnormal position and tilted to the side
- Abnormal gait and a shorter stride
- Hunched back
- Yelping when you pick him up around the chest area or general sensitivity to touch